Talking To My Zelph

My quest for freedom from the LDS religion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: OA, Offworld

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Primary Persuasion

We had two ward visitors drop by the house unannounced on Monday night.

The first one was the son of the 1st Councelor (of the Bishopric) who was just dropping off a Christmas gift for us...they give us cute little ornaments every year.

The next visitor was a member of the Primary Presidency who felt the need to interview my 6 year old daughter right there in the doorway.

"We haven't seen you in Primary for awhile and we wanted to spotlight you for you birthday." She says.

(I'll admit, this one is all me...I've done everything in my power to keep my wife and kids from attending church for the past few months.)

She then proceeded to ask my daughter a few questions (what, is she writing a damn book?) like "What's your favorite scripture story?" (My daughter couldn't answer this one since we don't read scriptures with her. )

The lady tried to prompt an answer by suggesting "Noah's Ark? Captain Moroni?" (I rolled my eyes at this...damn fictional character.)

Next was: "What's your favorite Primary song?" (Again, my daughter was speechless because by now she's probably forgotten all the little mind-warping hymns they like to teach the little LDS children.)

"She likes them all," my wife answered. (At this point, I think my hands were clenched into fists....damn cult!)

Finally, the lady left.

Sorry to disappoint you Primary Lady, but I have absolutely no intention of allowing my daughter, or any of my kids for that matter, back into Primary.

I refuse to let the LDS Cult force its lies into the hearts and minds of my children.
They will be strong, yet moral.
They will be independant, yet compassionate.
But most importantly, they will be free from the Cult.

So help me God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home