Talking To My Zelph

My quest for freedom from the LDS religion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: OA, Offworld

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The LDS church is like a box of chocolates...

I came into work a little early today. There's always something left behind from the day before so I'm constantly in "catch up" mode.

Someone had left a bag of what looked like chocolate covered raisins on a table in the office's commons area, so I thought I'd help myself. It's not unusual for people to bring in goodies to share with their co-workers, so I didn't think it would be a problem to pop 4 or 5 of the treats into my mouth.

They started out good...all chocolatey and everything, then the sweet taste suddenly disappeared. I thought, "that's odd," and then the burning kicked in.

"Son of a...!" I spit them out into the trash can.

Double checking the bag, I noticed the label hidden on the bottom: "Kopper's Cayenne Pepper Savory."

What.

The.

Hell.

A coworker's idea of a joke, and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

It only took me a moment to make a parallel between this situation and the one I faced with the mormon church.

It looks innocent enough, and if you just focus on the surface, it's sweet and "savory."

But if you dig just a little deeper, into it's core, you'll find something much more diabolical and disgusting and you realize that you've been had.

The moral of the story: look a little more closely at the ingredients before taking a bite. You'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home