Talking To My Zelph

My quest for freedom from the LDS religion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: OA, Offworld

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Torpedoes Away!

I did it.
It's done.
No going back now.

My letters of resignation from the LDS church were mailed to the Bishop and the Stake President this morning.

*Whew!*

I gotta say, it feels good to know that I've finally taken this step. I feel like I've finally taken a stand, drawn the line in the sand, and am ready to re-claim my life. Although my faith in "the one and only true church" evaporated over a year ago, it's taken me this long to step out from underneath the umbrella of fear I've been cowering beneath all these months.

That's what the church does to its members, you know. It controls them with fear.

Fear of speaking out against it, even if speaking absolute truth.

Fear of going to hell (okay, Outer Darkness...whatever you want to call it) for not conforming to each and every one of their ridiculous expectations.

Fear of LIVING YOUR OWN LIFE!!!

I'm tired of being afraid. I'm tired of fearing the repercussions of resignation. I don't care if my neighbors start shunning me or forbid their children to play with mine (the offspring of a *gasp!* apostate!)

I say "bring it on."

Now if only I can convince my wife to step out from underneath this umbrella as well. She's still so afraid of getting wet, but wouldn't you know it? It's not even raining!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home