Talking To My Zelph

My quest for freedom from the LDS religion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: OA, Offworld

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Saturday's Warrior

The Bishop called on Saturday night.

I looked at the caller ID, saw that it was him, and ignored it. I figured he was calling for my wife.

Nope.

He left the following message on our answering machine: "Hi Al, Bishop Sinestro here. I got your letter [of resignation] and I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm sorry if my recent visits to your home have offended you in any way. I just have a few questions for you, so please call me..."

Well, that was about it. One of the first paragraphs in my resignation letter expressed the fact that I wasn't offended by anyone in the church, so I guess he was referring to a later paragraph in which I asked him to call ahead and make an appointment before just stopping by for a visit.

I haven't yet returned his call. I just don't see the need to do so. My letter stated that I wouldn't be attending any form of "court" and that my decision was final, so I don't know if he's looking to talk me out of resigning or what.

I dunno...should I call him back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home