Talking To My Zelph

My quest for freedom from the LDS religion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: OA, Offworld

Friday, February 16, 2007

TO MY FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES

(I wrote this "poem" last night after tossing back a few shots, so it might not make much sense.)

Once, I thought I had it all figured out.
The universe around me made all the sense in the world and I was more than content to follow all the little harmless rules that were placed upon my young shoulders.

But the world isn't so harmless after all, now is it?

I've finally woken, emerged from my cocoon of ignorant bliss and saw the world for the first time and accepted the awful truth for what it was.

Nothing is simple.
Nothing is plain.
The only constants in life are confusion, frustration, and death.
Always death.

I used to be a believer, of course.
I once placed faith in the impossible, the improbable, the ridiculous, and the insane.
But now I have been made aware.
Of who I am.
And where I came from.
And where I'll ultimately end up.

You see, it isn't so much the destination that matters - not really - but rather it's the journey that affects the very essence of who you are (or at the very least, who you perceive yourself to be.)

If the ride is bumpy and endless and an obscene waste of time, then it really doesn't matter the destination in which we find ourselves.

To live in constant denial of oneself and one's potential is the greatest insult of them all.

Cowardice was never happiness.
Nor lonliness, nor fear of the unknown.
(And isn't the very definition of life THE ENIGMATIC UNKNOWN?)

And so I offer this treatise.
This prayer of life yet lived.

BE YE NOT AFRAID.

Of who you are,
And where you are meant to be.

Life has a funny way of working out in the end somehow.

The bad guys always lose.
And the good guy gets the girl.

This is life.
This is our ultimate destination.

AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE YOU.

Be proud of that, if you can.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Al Jordan,

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog! Your blog is awesome! I've only read a few posts but it's awesome. Do you mind if I post a link to your blog?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Al Jordan said...

I don't mind at all.

I need to be more pro-active with my blogging. I do more reading of blogs than writing of my own.

I'll add yours to my daily reading list!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Elder Joseph said...

Hi Al Jordan,

I've been reading your blog .Its very interesting and the poem is great !

I've been investigating this mormonism for over 18 months and I've concluded the same as you .

I read the Book Of Mormon , Fasted , attended church every week ,word of wisdom , including the fast and testimony meetings ( scary lol ) . Helping hands , home teach , virtually mormonified myself but no special holy spirit burning in the bossom .

Of course all the church members and missionaries have been trying to convince me I've had countless signs ? lol and should baptise ???

But I said no thanks and now I'm reading the experiences of all you good Mormon people on the internet and its a great help to me also .

The church members are great although there are one or two 'fanatics' and i'm not happy about there sinister motives and comments about other people .It seems that they get a bit personal if you don't join .

I would have been a great member for them and testimony builder but I know its not true .I've researched like everyone else and in a way I wanted it to be true but its not real . I think its a con and deceptive , especially to church members with their manipulated CES system and also the white washed version given to unsuspecting investigators as well like myself . We are told misinformation from the beginning by uninformed amateur under pressure young kids calling themselves missionaries .

I'm not too happy about this but its great to be able to tell them a thing or two now ! :))

Well they learn from me , so if membership figures go down , I guess they took heed ! lol

I can't go wrong really , because I can be honest all the time with the history and things, but the church can't !

Good luck with your situation.

Elder Joseph

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home