Talking To My Zelph

My quest for freedom from the LDS religion.

My Photo
Name:
Location: OA, Offworld

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Overstepping The Bounds

Ah, you gotta love the in-laws!

I didn't really think that my mother-in-law would actually follow through with her offer to come over to our house early on a Sunday morning in order to help get our three children ready for the 9 a.m. block of church meetings.

I guess I thought perhaps my wife would have informed her that such action would be completely unnecessary.

Sunday morning. 8 a.m.

Ding-dong!

I was sleeping on the couch in the front room (the kids had all crawled into our bed over the course of the night, thus edging me out.)

I start to peek out the front window to see just who the hell had the nerve to come calling this early on a Sunday, and my wife comes down the hallway and says "it's probably my mom."

Oh, right. Because she feels like it's become her responsibility to get the kids up and dressed and ready for church now. Being the apostate that I am now, I'm no longer capable of assisting my wife with that chore.

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with it.

Fortunately, my wife and two of the three kids were feeling under the weather, so church attendance that day wasn't even an option. I went back to bed for an hour, hoping my mother-in-law would just go away. I like her well enough - I really do - but she was overstepping her bounds here.

She didn't leave until 10:00.

I tried my best to just stay out her way because I knew it would be obvious that I wasn't happy with her visit.

Hell, I guess I'll have to make a stand here and inform her that her "labor of love" just isn't necessary.

What's the best way to say that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home